Applications for the 2019 Women Divers Hall of Fame educational scholarships and grants are now open. The deadline for receipt of applications is October 31, 2019, at midnight U.S. Eastern Daylight Time.
(Exception: Undergraduate Marine Research Internship closes Jan 15, 2020.)
Applicants will be notified by Feb 1, 2020, and awards will be made at Beneath The Sea Dive Expo on March 29, 2020.
The Women Divers Hall of Fame ™ (WDHOF) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to honoring and raising awareness of the contributions of outstanding women divers. WDHOF provides educational, mentorship, financial, and career opportunities to the diving community throughout the world. Each year, WDHOF awards scholarships and training grants that provide financial and educational support to individuals of all ages, particularly those who are preparing for professional careers that involve diving.
Scholarships are offered in marine conservation, marine biology, underwater archaeology, and underwater education. They are intended to support independent research, field work, and/or education programs. They do not support tuition, living expenses or student loans. Scholarships are paid directly to the recipient.
Training grants provide funding for diving and related underwater training and, for some awards, scuba equipment (but only after dive training has been completed). For training conducted in the U.S., funds are paid directly to the training facility and/or the equipment vendor upon WDHOF’s receipt of an invoice; they are NOT paid directly to the grantee. For training that is not conducted in the U.S., the awardee will be reimbursed after she/he completes the training.
The WDHOF application system is Google-based.
Most award applications, and the letter of recommendation forms, do NOT require the applicant to have a Google account, but applicants for awards that require upload of external documents (transcripts, portfolios) will be required to establish/use a Google account. Award applications that require a Google account are:
• Marine Conservation (Undergraduate and Graduate)
• Sea of Change/Aggressor Adventures Scholarship
• J. Berman Memorial Scholarship
• Cecelia Connelly Underwater Archaeology
(Undergraduate and Graduate)
• Undergraduate Marine Research Internship
• Morgan/O’Neill Underwater Photography Grant
• The online application CANNOT be saved while filling out, or edited once it is submitted. Please fill out a template as described below, then complete the application online in
• After submitting your application, you will be emailed a copy of your responses to the email address in your application.
• You may only apply for ONE scholarship or training grant.
• You MUST apply online; emailed applications will not be accepted.